Thursday, April 5, 2007

All Hollowed Out

The entire city looks like this right now:














As in, grey, dirty, snow-covered and unpleasant. Well, it did, but the above picture is linked to a webcam on Churchill Square so now it's all nice and sunny. Maybe when you read this it will be yucky again.
I sat in my cubicle yesterday listening to office phones ring and AM radios drone on thinking about our new home:

Vancouver, I hope it makes me stronger, better, happier...

This weekend I'm off to Calgary for a girl's weekend of fun. While the girl's part is going to be rad I have a feeling it will only add to the growing discomfort I have with this province. My list of reasons to leave keeps growing and the "Alberta Boom" is near the top. People are flocking here and I'm ready to run for the border as fast as I can. Just watch Deadwood and you might get a sense of what I mean.

No comments: